If you’re looking to lose weight, there are a ton of options out there. However, if you don’t possess requisite willpower, it’s very easy to give in. Here are 3 simple steps to can take to ensure you lose your weight quick. The plan will have the following effects
- A significant reduction in appetite
- Eliminates hunger and decreases weight quickly
- Improves metabolic health simultaneously.
- Reduce Starch and Sugar Consumption
When you cut down on these products, you will see hunger levels fall and fewer calories consumed. Insulin levels will fall down, causing kidneys to remove excess water and sodium from your body. Water weight and bloating levels will also fall.
Over 10 pounds can be lost during the 1st week itself, upon following this diet.
A study was conducted among obese or overweight women comparing low fat and low-carb based diets.
The former group reported hunger and calorie restrictions whereas the latter enjoyed full meals.
Reducing your carb intake allows fat loss to go smoothly.
2. Consume Vegetables, Fats and Proteins
All meals must include low-carb veggies, one protein source, and fat sources.
This meal composition would restrict carbohydrate intake levels at the twenty to fifty grams a day measure.
Protein Sources are as follows:
Fish & Seafood – Shrimp, trout, salmon, etc.
Eggs – Consume whole eggs, including the yolk.
Meat – Lamb, pork, chicken, beef, etc.
Protein is very crucial for this diet. Metabolism levels can be boosted by around 80-100 calories a day upon consuming ample protein.
Obsessive thoughts and cravings for food can also be reduced via high-protein diets. Late night snack urge will also decrease by half. It is so effective, adding protein can make you consume 441 calories fewer than usual.
Protein helps when you have to lose weight. Period.
Here are a few low-carb veggies:
- Swiss Chard
- Brussels Sprouts
Fill your diet with low-carb veggies. These can help you restrict yourself to 20-50 carbs a day.
When a diet is composed of vegetables and fruits, it has the requisite minerals, fibers, and vitamins to maintain your health.
Sources of Fat
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
Eat around two to three meals a day. You can also add another one, during the afternoon.
Consume fat without hesitation, since attempting low-fat and low-carb simultaneously can end in disaster.
3. Practice Weight Lifting Thrice A Week
Although no exercise is mandatory, it is still recommended.
Lift weights and practice warmup, with the aid of a trainer.
Lifting weights can help burns calories and protect against metabolism slowing down, a usual complaint while losing weight.
Low-carbohydrate studies show that muscle can be gained, even while undergoing fat-loss.
Cardio exercises like swimming, cycling, running, jogging and walking are also viable alternatives to weight lifting.
Have One Carb Refeed Day Every Week
You may consume more carbs on one day of the week. However, stick to sources like fruits, sweet potatoes, potatoes, quinoa, rice, and oats.
However, restricting it to only once every week is vital. If you cheat more often, the diet won’t work.
This cheat day can help boost thyroid and leptin hormones, which have fat-burning abilities.
You will, however, gain some water-weight, however, it ought to come off in a few days.
10 Tips For Making The Diet Go Smoother
- Consume a breakfast high in proteins – This reduces calorie intake and cravings.
- Avoid fruit juice and sugary drinks – These can seriously bog down your diet progress.
- Consume water 30 minutes before meals – Following this can accelerate weight loss at least by 44%.
- Choose proper foods – There are certain foods that favor weight loss measures. Consume only these foods.
- Consume soluble fiber – This reduces fat in your belly area. Glucomannan supplements can also be of help.
- Consume tea or coffee – These can boost metabolism levels in the body.
- Consume unprocessed, whole foods – These foods will reduce overeating, and are healthier and fulfilling.
- Consume food slowly – This boosts weight-loss hormones and causes you to feel full faster.
- Sleep Well – Poor sleep schedules can often cause weight gain. Therefore, take care of yourself in this area.
- Take a Weight Check Daily – Those who maintain this habit are likelier to enjoy weight loss and maintain it at healthy levels.
Rate of Weight Loss
You can lose at least five to ten pounds during the 1st week and then experience consistent loss of weight after that.
Rate of weight loss is proportionate to your current weight.
During the initial days, you may experience keto flu. This will go away after a few days.
The following effects can also be seen –
- Blood sugar levels tend to fall
- Triglycerides level falls
- LDL cholesterol levels fall
- HDL cholesterol levels rise
- BP levels improve
Do remember to consult your regular doctor before adopting this diet. Lowering levels of insulin and reducing carbohydrate intake changes your hormonal environment. It causes your brain and body to decide to lose its weight. This causes loss of hunger and appetite.
This low carb diet can be 2x-3x times more effective compared to typical diets.